Alumni Mentor Program
We are in search of Alumni Mentors. Could that mentor be you?
Being an Alumni Mentor
is all about making a connection, sharing your experience, influencing the future, and giving back to your alma mater.
- Forge a bond with a CIA student.
- Bridge the gap between what students learn in the class and what they encounter in the industry.
- Demonstrate the relationship between pride, professionalism, ethical behavior, hard work, and eventual success.
- Assist students with identifying externship goals and networking opportunities.
- Expose students to varying points of view by sharing your perspective on professional issues.
- Be a role model for professional leadership.
- Secure the future of the foodservice industry.
Please contact Associate Director of Career Services Ron Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-905-4610 to find out how you can be a part of this rewarding program.
Or, Sign up now to get started right away.
"Giving back to my school and my profession by being active in the mentor program has not only offered support to future culinarians, it has given me an opportunity to stay in touch with the school, with what is currently happening and watch what the future holds. The mentoring experience has been very rewarding."
– Robert Kabakoff '86 (Owner/Corporate Chef, White Chocolate Grill)
"The relationship of two words, "Change" and "Opportunity" become synonymous in their meaning when contemplating the future. "Change" will provide us with new "Opportunities," and as new "Opportunities" will introduce "Change."
– Frank Leake '74, CCC, CCE (Chef-Instructor, University of Hawaii)
Thank you Alumni Mentors!